We offer a comprehensive tennis coaching program at 5 tennis clubs within Wiltshire. These are Aldbourne, Burbage, Calne, Chiseldon and Shalbourne.
The Tennis Coaching varies from Group Coaching to Individual Coaching for both Adults and Children. Each week we have a coaching theme that is mirrored across all of the tennis clubs and is delivered by an excellent team of tennis coaches.
- Tots is for 2-4 year olds and is all about having fun. We do the lesson to a story with lots of different activities, all tennis specific. The lesson is usually 30 minutes long and is designed to help Agility, balance, coordination, and speed. It’s a great way to get your youngsters in to tennis.
Mini Red 8 & Under
- Mini Tennis Red is for players aged 8 and under. It is played on small courts with short rackets and soft balls. It’s just like the real game and gives players opportunities to have long rallies and play different types of shots.
Mini Orange 9 and Under
- Mini Tennis Orange is a great way for players to continue their progress from Mini Tennis Red and is for players aged 8 and 9. It is played with shorter rackets, softer balls and courts are bigger and wider than the red stage but still smaller than full-size tennis courts allowing players to develop a rounded game whilst learning a range of techniques and tactics. It is the next stage before playing on a full sized court and helps players develop different shots and tactics.
Mini Green 10 and Under
- Mini Tennis Green is a great way for players to continue their progress from Mini Tennis Orange. It is played on a full size tennis court, with bigger rackets and balls which are a little softer than yellow balls. It’s the next stage before moving on to full compression yellow balls on a full sized court and helps players develop and improve all aspects of their game.
Juniors 10 and Over
- Yellow ball is for players aged 11 and over. It is played on a full tennis court, with full size rackets and full compression yellow balls. This is the last stage of your childs development. Technique and skills that you have developed through the stages of mini tennis can now be put into practice.
Childrens Tennis Camps
- Tennis themed Fun and games, Parents must provide a packed lunch, drinks and snacks for the day. Suitable clothing for outdoor activates required. If you have a tennis racket please bring it along, if not equipment will be supplied
Performance camps - Ages 11+
- Video analysis at start and end of each day.
- Technique, stance and tactics
- Teaching your child to be Dynamic Defenders, Brave Attackers, & Smart Servers.
Adults Cardio Tennis
- Cardio Tennis is a high energy fitness that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout. Most women can burn 300 to 500 calories per hour and men burn between 500 to 1,000. Tennis is a lot of fun and we love to include everyone who wants to have a go - you'll love the social aspect and it’s great for fitness too. If you're new to tennis, or would like to improve your skills with similar level players then this is the course for you. Improve your techniques, forehands and backhands.
- Tennis Xpress is aimed at adults who want to learn the game of tennis. This is a 6 week course and gets you playing tennis as quickly as possible.
Adults Tennis Tech
- This is a lesson for all adults who want to learn the technical aspects of each shot in tennis. It is a weekly program with a different shot covered each week.
Adult Hard Hitters
- This is a match play session where we work on different game situations and learn how to deal with the incoming ball and where to send it and how. This is a 1.5 hours session so lots of hitting building up to match play.
The cost of tennis coaching is as follows: -
We are changing the way courses are paid for from 2018. Participants will need to download an app called FLOCTO. On the app they will be able to register, select a course and pay for it. No cheques, cash just straight from your phone.
Children’s tennis will be £29.99 per month. This is based on a 42-week coaching term where only 39 weeks are charged for. This cost is spread out over 12 months. Members will get a code which will give them a 25% discount off coaching making the monthly payment £22.49
Adult tennis will be £33.49 per month. This is based on a 45-week coaching term where only 40 weeks are charged for. This cost is spread out over 12 months. Members will get a code which will give them a 25% discount off coaching making the monthly payment £24.99
Some adult sessions will be pay as you go but all have to register on our new system. See below on how to register.
Individual lessons - Members (Non-members add £2.50 for 30 minutes and £5.00 for 1 hour for court hire fee which goes to the club)
- LTA Level 1 coach £10 for 30 minutes and £20 for 1 hour.
- LTA Level 2 Coach £15 for 30 minutes and £25-£30 for 1 hour.
- LTA Level 3 Club Coach £20 for 30 minutes and £30-£35 for 1 hour.
- LTA Level 4 Senior Club Coach £25 for 30 minutes and £40 for 1 hour.
Please see below on how to register for FLOC